In the autumn of 1918, through gift of Mr. and Mrs. Winthrop Perry, the School of Forestry came into possession of a number of closely connected parcels or woodland comprising over 1,300 acres in Farifield County Connecticut.
The purpose of the donors and conditions under which the gift was made are clearly stated....
Toumey, James W., and Ralph C. Hawley. 1920. The Den: A Preliminary Report, with Map, of a Tract of Woodland Given to the School by Mr. and Mrs. Winthrop Perry. Yale School of Forestry Bulletin 5. 10 pp. + map.