In 1913 the Yale School of Forestry came into possession of certain parcels of land located near Keene, New Hampshire. This land amounting to 629.4 acres was presented to the School as a nucleus for a school forest to be used for purposes of instruction and research. Subsequently in March, 1915, additional lots comprising 270.9 acres were purchased with funds contributed by the original donor. The present area totals 900.3 acres and is know as the "Keene Forest."
Toumeh, J. W., and R. C. Hawley. 1916. The Keene Forest: A Preliminary Report. Yale School of Forestry Bulletin 4. 25 pp. + 7 illus. + map.