The Yale Day of Data is an annual, University-wide event for Yale faculty, students, and staff. The 2017 Day of Data was held in Kroon Hall on Friday, December 1, 2017.
The theme for 2017 was “Data + Society.” True to its theme, it included presentations that focus on the complicated role of ever-increasing data in society.
Thursday, November 30, 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Opening reception and poster session showcasing the work of Yale researchers.
Center for Science and Social Science Information, Kline Biology Tower, 219 Prospect Street.
Friday, December 1, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Keynote speakers, presentations, and panelists from Yale faculty and researchers, as well as invited guests.
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, Kroon Hall, 195 Prospect Street.
- Lucy Bernholz, Senior Research Scholar at Stanford University’s Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Sten Vermund, Dean of Yale School of Public Health
- Elihu Rubin, Yale School of Architecture
- Mark Abraham, DataHaven
- Holly Rushmeier, Yale Department of Computer Science
- Brad Gentry, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
- Andrew McLaughlin, Yale Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking