The Bulletin of the Bingham Oceanographic Collection published scientific articles and monographs on marine and freshwater organisms and oceanography.
In the 1920s New York City businessman Harry Payne Bingham, a graduate of Yale, sponsored 3 oceanographic expeditions for fish and invertebrate specimens for his own private research collection. In 1927, Bingham established the Bulletin of the Bingham Oceanographic Collection to publish the research on his specimens. In 1930, Bingham donated the entire collection to the Yale Peabody Museum and set up the Bingham Oceanographic Foundation to continue the research in marine biology and oceanography, and to publish the results.
The series was merged with and continued in the Bulletin of the Peabody Museum of Natural History after Volume 19, Article 2 (1967).